Hero Portable Movement Monitor
Snuza Hero baby monitor is a wearable device, which attaches to babys diaper and monitors normal abdominal movement. The Snuza Hero is a vibrating movement monitor and will vibrate after 15 seconds in an effort to cause resumption of abdominal movement, this is then followed by a loud alarm. The Hero detects even the slightest abdominal movement and alerts you if your baby's movements are very weak or fall to less than eight movements per minute. If no abdominal movement is detected at all for a period of 15 seconds, the Hero will vibrate gently. Often this vibration is enough to rouse the baby and Hero will revert to monitoring mode. After three vibration/rouse incidents, the Rouse Warning will alert you to the fact that your baby's abdominal movements have stopped for 15 seconds on three occasions. If no further movement is detected for another five seconds, an alarm will sound to alert you. The Snuza Hero can pick up external movements and it is therefore not suitable for co-sleeping babies or when bed-sharing. It is advisable not to use the Snuza Hero when the baby is in motion, e.g. in a car seat or a stroller.
Hero is a mobile movement monitor so the sensor tip must always be in contact with the babys skin around the tummy area, as it moves around. If this contact is lost, Hero will sound an alarm.
To prevent unnecessary false alarms caused by Snuza Hero not touching the baby:
Use the correct size diaper. Diapers that are too big will loosen around the waistband, causing Hero to lose contact.
Fold the waistband or top edge of the diaper over to create a double-fold, giving Hero a firm grip on the diaper.
- Adjust the adhesive tapes so that there is a snug fit around the tummy.
- Make sure that Hero is firmly and fully clipped onto the folded waistband.
- Make sure that the sensor is in direct contact with the baby.
- Press the ON switch.
Please note: Snuza abdominal movement monitors detect the slightest movement, including movement from external sources such as when travelling in a vehicle, pushing a pram, etc. Hero should only be relied upon when there is no external movement present, i.e. when the vehicle, pram, carry cot, etc. is stationery
Tips for attaching the Snuza Hero
If you find that the Snuza Hero is coming loose once baby starts moving around, we suggest a snug-fitting Carters onesie and pants set.
Another option is to use a safety pin - insert it through the material and through the back of the clip - the clip is designed in such a way that this is possible. It will not come off until you remove the safety pin. Obviously this is only recommended before the diaper goes on so that there is no risk of hurting baby.
Attaching the Snuza Hero to clothing
Hero is also a clip-on baby monitor and can be clipped onto the waistband of elasticated pants, as long as the sensor maintains contact with the babys tummy area.
There may also be a thin layer of clothing (e.g. a vest) between the sensor and the skin, but ensure that the sensor maintains contact.
The monitor can also be used if baby is dressed in light clothing (for example, a onesie) over the nappy or pants to which the Hero is attached.
Too much clothing may attenuate or muffle the alarm. Make sure the alarm can be heard if baby is covered in clothing and/or blankets.
If you follow these guidelines properly, you can rest assured that babys every movement is being monitored.
Replacing the Battery
The batteries used in the Snuza portable baby movement monitors are user-replaceable. The life of the replaceable battery depends entirely on usage time. Battery life will vary significantly depending on the average daily duration of use and/or alarm duration and/or number of alarms. Turning on and off unnecessarily also shortens the battery life. If the number of alarms is high, always check the diaper fitment.
If the battery indicator light shows that the battery is depleted or nearing depletion (flashing orange or red), do not use the monitor again until you have replaced the battery. Use only Snuza CR14250 3.0v batteries in the monitor if the label does not say SE. If the label says SE only use CR2 batteries. Find your nearest distributor to order a replacement battery.
- Remove the battery cover on the underside of the unit.
- Remove the depleted battery.
- Insert the new battery, ensuring that the polarity is correct.
- Replace the battery cover, ensuring that it is correctly closed.
- Test the unit by switching it on and checking that the battery indicator light flashes green.
- If the unit starts emitting a beep after the battery has been replaced, simply press the ON/OFF and MODE/OFF buttons simultaneously, to turn it off.
- **Please note that the product guarantee does not apply to the battery.
The battery must be disposed of in accordance with your countrys laws governing the disposal and recycling of batteries.
- Small - clips onto babys diaper
- Portable - cordless baby monitor
- Listen - activate a gentle clicker sound that let us you know the Snuza Hero is on.
- Watch - movement-rate indicator lights warn you about weak or infrequent movement.
- Vibration - after 15 seconds of no detected movement, Snuza Hero gently vibrates to rouse baby.
- Alert - audible alarm after 20 seconds of no movement or after three vibrate incidents.
- Nett: Approximately 40g (unit)
- Gross: Approximately 200g (packaged)
- Unit size: Length: 72.67mm; Width: 43.30mm; Depth: 29.15mm
- Battery: (user-replaceable) 3.0V Lithium Manganese Dioxide (Li/MnO2)
- Pack size: Length: 160mm; Height: 220mm; Depth: 40mm
- Noise level of alarm: 85 dBm at 10cm
- Materials used: Medical grade polycarbonate FDA approved thermoplastic-elastomer; Liquid Silicone Rubber
- Alarm after 20 seconds no movement
- Vibration stimulus
- No cords, wires, pads, or external power
- Clips onto nappy or diaper