Shipping Methods and Rates
TJsKids.com currently uses UPS and Canada Post for most shipments. For local orders, we offer free pickup at all of our locations. Click here for a list of TJs store locations. We also offer our own home delivery service. If none of the above shipping methods will apply to your location, please contact our service representatives at firstname.lastname@example.org. All oversized product will be shipped by either Van-Kam Freightways. We suggest that you purchase insurance on all furniture orders. To reduce your wait time for an order, please contact us to verify shipping costs before you place an order on oversized products.
Any changes to orders must be received within 24 hours of placement of the original order. Changes or requests made after 24 hours may not be accepted, as the products may have already shipped. As we strive to have all orders shipped within 2 business days, we will be happy to adjust any order before it has left our warehouse, but will not be able to make any changes once the products have left our warehouse. Please send all order changes or requests to email@example.com.
Cancelling an Online Order
Cancellation requests must be received within 24 hours of placement of the original order. Cancellation requests made after 24 hours may not be accepted, as the products may have already shipped. As we strive to have all orders shipped within 2 business days, we will be happy to adjust any order before it has left our warehouse, but will not be able to make any changes once the products have left our warehouse. If you decide to cancel an order that has already been shipped, please contact our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special order Policy (In-Store and Online)
“Special Order” is a term that we use to describe any product that we will order in for a customer that is not in our regular stock. This may be an item is part of a series that we carry, or an unlisted product that comes from a manufacturer that we currently deal with. Due to the fact that special orders are specifically for items that we do not carry as regular stock, we require full payment before ordering and will not allow cancellation on orders. If you are interested in ordering an item that is not in our regular stock, or is something that you have seen by a manufacturer that we deal with but do not carry that item, please contact our ordering department at email@example.com.
Over-sized Furniture Order Policy
When ordering large, preassembled pieces of furniture, we recommend the following actions to prevent customers from incurring any extra charges or being unable to make returns:
- Please contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange any shipping of large furniture items.
- Items that are sent by common carrier must carry insurance for the full value of the goods. Insurance costs are to be covered by the customer.
- TJ’s will verify that all goods leave our dock well-packed and in good condition. Please verify that all goods are received in good condition BEFORE signing any paperwork that a shipper may provide.
- Return shipping on all furniture is at the customer’s expense. Please be sure of colour and style BEFORE ordering your furniture.
- Return shipping must carry insurance for the full value of the goods. Insurance costs are to be covered by the customer
Returning Products Purchased Online (In Store)
Products purchased online are able to be returned to any TJ's location for an in-store credit or exchange. Internet Store receipt must be present for all returns. Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. You have up to 30 days from the date of shipment for all returns or exchanges. After 30 days, all product concerns will be dealt with as warranty issues and may be directed to the manufacturer.
Returning Products Purchased Online (Online)
We hope you will be thoroughly delighted with your purchase. If you are unhappy with your purchase, please call us at 1-800-755-4857 to advise us that you are sending your product(s) back. Please use an insured shipping carrier and obtain a tracking number. TJ's is not responsible for items that may have become lost or stolen in shipment. If you would like to exchange for another item, please let us know when you are notifying us of the return. Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. You have up to 30 days from the date of shipment for all returns or exchanges.
Returning Products Purchased at a TJ's Retail Store
At our retail locations, the return and exchange policy is as follows:
- Regular priced items returned in new condition, in original packaging, and accompanied by a STORE RECEIPT are returnable within 10 days for a full refund to the original method of payment. (i.e. if you paid Visa, your refund will be to your Visa card)
- Sale priced items are eligible for an in-store credit or exchange when the item is in new condition with original packaging and store receipt.
- All returns may be subject to a 15% restocking fee depending on the condition of the item at the time of return.
- Clearance items are a final sale - absolutely no returns or exchanges.
We care about your health and the health of your baby. Due to the hygienic nature of the following products, they are all sold as FINAL SALE. If you require return or replacement of any of these types of products, you will have to deal with the manufacturer directly, as we cannot, under any circumstance, accept these types of products back into our system:
- Feeding products (bottles, pacifiers, sterilizers, etc)
- Cosmetics (baby shampoo, lotions, etc)
- Breast pumps, breast shields & related parts.
- Bathing products (bath tubs, bath aids, etc)
- Diapers and diapering goods
- Toilet goods and potty training goods
The above items are FINAL SALE due to the nature of the goods.
Any of these items WILL NOT be accepted for return at the retail stores or online.
Please Note: no refunds or exchanges will be processed without a receipt.
We care about your health and the health of your baby. Please understand that some items cannot be returned under any circumstance due to the nature of their use. Since we cannot guarantee the use of a product once it leaves the store, we cannot accept items that require a trust of quality between retailer and customer. This is the only way that we can maintain the integrity of our service and ensure that no previously used items (that fall into this category) find their way into the hands of another consumer.
Please note that there will be absolutely no returns, refunds, or exchanges on the following types of products purchased at any TJ's store or online at TJsKids.com:
- potty seats & toilet related goods
- bath toys
- bathtubs & bathing accessories
- breast pumps & related accessories
- bottles & nipples
- cosmetics, creams, powders & lotions
- diaper wraps
- diaper liners
- swim diapers
- diaper accessories
- diaper disposal units
- feeding products, dishes & utensils
Instructions for Returns:
- Contact our online customer department at 1 (800) 755-4857 or email@example.com to receive a Return Authorization.
- No returns will be accepted without a proper return authorization.
- If you have received a call tag from us, please print a copy and attach it to your box.
- Shipping address for returns is as follows:
- TJ'S THE KIDDIES STORE LTD
88 SW MARINE DRIVE
VANCOUVER, BC V5X 2R1
- ATTENTION: INTERNET RETURNS
Taxes and Duties:
- All items shipped within Canada are subject to 5% GST.
- Items shipped within the province of BC are subject to 7% PST, with the exception of car seats and clothing.
- Items shipped to the USA may be subject to customs or taxes being due upon arrival. Please check with your local Customs office for rates. We will not mark items as gifts or declare them with lower values than the actual retail price paid.
- All taxes and duties are the responsibility of the purchaser and will be added accordingly.