Forget about hauling a heavy, bulky car seat through crowded airports and narrow airplane aisles. There's a better way to keep your young children safe while flying.
CARES (Child Aviation Restraint System) is designed specifically for airplanes and is FAA certified as having an equivalent level of safety to a car seat for all phases of flight. CARES is manufactured by AmSafe Aviation, the foremost manufacturer of airplane seatbelts and other safety restraints. Best of all, CARES weighs only 1 lb, fits in a 6" carrying case, fits on virtually all airplane seats and takes a mere 1 minute to install.
CARES is designed specifically for aviation use for children age 1 and older who weigh between 22 and 44 pounds. These youngsters are old enough to be in their own seats, but are too small for the seat belt alone to protect them. Their bodies cannot withstand the jolts that are common in routine transportation, much less emergency situations, and they flail forward or slide beneath the seat belt if they are not held securely in place.
Each year more and more young children fly. But until CARES came along, what was missing was a convenient, hassle-free way to keep young flyers safe. Heres what makes CARES such an invaluable travel solution:
- CARES is the first and only harness type Aviation Child Safety Device to be certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as an alternative to a car seat.
- CARES is an elegantly designed belt-and-buckle device that works in conjunction with the regular airplane seat belt and provides young travelers the same level of safety as a car seat.
- CARES weighs just one pound and fits into a 6" stuff sack! It is easily portable, simple to install, adjustable to every size airplane seat, and usable on any seat in the airplane, except in the emergency exit rows.
- Need your car seat on the other end of the trip? Just check it through as luggage and carry CARES on board in your pocket!
* NO RETURNS. EXCHANGE ONLY WITH THE SAME PRODUCT!
Current Reviews: 1
Submited By: Michelle Loukko on 09/24/2013
This is a MUST have if you are travelling with young children! I've been using them for almost 5yrs. Makes the kids feel comfortabl-
e and secure and makes mum and the airline staff happy too. Much safer than just the lap belt. And makes little ones more likely to stay put while flying... just like riding in the car seat. In smaller planes, the seat strap does have to go over the tray table behind, but in all the times I've used it I've never encountere-
d a problem with the passengers behind us. All have been very understand-
ing and accommodat-
ing. If you fly with kids, get one!!! Well worth the price if you travel often. We have friends that borrow it on occasion too.