Medela Calma Solitaire Nipple 0085.0165
Breastfeeding is always best for your baby, but sometimes it is not possible to breastfeed naturally. Calma is an alternative to breastfeeding for mothers wishing to feed their babies with breastmilk.
- Allows babies to retain their natural feeding behaviour learned on the breast.
- Babies can drink, breathe and pause regularly.
- Enables an easy transition from the breast to the teat and back.
- One size is sufficient for the entire breastfeeding period, just as in nature.
- The ideal teat for your baby, we recommend introducing a teat when breastfeeding is established
- This new teat ensures that babies do not have to change their natural feeding behaviour. Whether you breastfeed or use Calma - the milk only flows when the baby works for it.
- Fits both 5 and 8 oz Melela bottles
Available for gift wrap
Current Reviews: 1
Submited By: Jess Dagg on 04/24/2012
I bought this nipple at the suggestion of the store as my baby was not interested in taking a bottle at all at 2.5 months when I started trying and couldn't latch to anything I gave her. I primarily breast feed, but I was needing her to take a bottle 3x/week or so for one feed so I could get out for a run in the evenings. I had tried a few different brands of nipples prior to this one-Baby Life Brand at Shoppers Drug Mart (two different types as well, classic and regular), Avent, and Nuk. This one finally had some success, but she still looked really uncomforta-
ble using it. It was neat that in order for the milk to come out she had to suck on it like the breast instead of it dripping out like other bottle nipples. I tried one other brand at the suggestion of a friend, the playtex drop in latex nipple. It is much softer and squishier like the nipple, and I think because I have short nipples, the length of the medela calma was too long for her as she seemed to gag at times. The playtex has been a great success for her (she latched on right away, but it has still taken some time for her to eat a bunch at a time), so sadly this nipple is just sitting on the shelf now! But it may have helped her to get started.