The RadianR100 is a highly versatile car seat that could be the only seat you’ll ever need. It comfortably seats rear-facing children from 5-45 lbs, forward-facing children from 20-65 lbs in 5-point harness, then converts to a booster for children up to 100 lbs. Built for strength and safety, the RadianR100 has a steel alloy frame, reinforced sidewalls, SafeStop energy absorbing harness, thick EPS foam panels for side impact protection and our unique SuperLATCH system for easy installation. The RadianR100 is NCAP crash tested, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions, and rated for LATCH use with a child up to 65 lbs. The R100 sits low on a vehicle seat for easy child boarding and with expandable sides and a longer seat bottom there plenty of room and comfort for your growing child. Option to add up to 4 cup holders (sold separately). It also folds flat for travel and storage, has a 10 year life, and offers amazing safety, comfort and convenience your child won’t outgrow.
- Rear-facing: 2.3 - 10 kg (5 - 40 lbs).
- Forward-facing: 10 - 30 kg and up to 144 cm (22 - 65 lbs and up to 57") in a 5-point harness.
- Booster to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- Steel alloy frame and aluminum reinforced sides.
- SafeStop energy absorbing harness.
- Energy-absorbing EPS foam panels on all sides.
- Rear-facing tether capability.
- UAS installation up to 30 kg (65 lb) child.
- 5 shoulder and 3 buckle positions for custom fit.
- Expandable sides and longer seat bottom for leg support and comfort.
- 2 recline positions in forward-facing mode.
- Sits low on vehicle seat for easy child boarding.
- Fits 3 across in a mid-size vehicle and offers more shoulder space.
- Add up to 4 cup holders.
- Folds flat for travel and storage.
- Rubber bottom grips for no-slip installation.
- 10 year life.
- Care: Machine wash and dry.
- Product Dimensions
- Open: 72.4 cm H x 43.2 cm W x 40.6 cm D (28.5" H x 17" W x 16" D)
- Folded: 72.4 cm H x 43.2 cm W x 17.8 cm D (28.5" H x 17" W x 7" D)
- Weight: 10.4 kg (23 lbs)
Current Reviews: 1
Submited By: Renita Jenkins on 02/12/2013
I am not too happy with this car seat. I expected it to be a simple to use seat that met the needs of a travelling family because of its narrowness and foldabilit-
y and durability-
. However, it is far too heavy to really be an easy travel seat.
In addition, it won't stand up when removed from the vehicle, which is a big annoyance when trying to keep it from getting snow or dirt off. Also, if the seat pad gets soiled, you have to rethread all the harnesses and carefully remove the foam inserts (and replace again when done without snapping them). Not easy to do when the seat won't stand up properly. Also it doesn't have an easy to grasp handle without folding it first so if you have to move it (and it's HEAVY), it's a very awkward process unless you spend the time to collapse everything (not reasonable for a few meters to the house. It's like carrying a heavy box with no handles. Plus the straps are really long and need to be rolled up to move it otherwise they drag and get caught everywhere-
It just isn't meant to be taken in and out of vehicles often. Considerin-
g I have a potty training three year old (needing to remove the seat to clean it often) and we travel a lot, this wasn't a great purchase. It should withstand the brutality of airport check ins, but I dread getting to and from the airport check in desk and luggage pick up carrousels-